The Spark Equity fund was created in partnership with Canada Media Fund in efforts to empower filmmakers from underrepresented communities. At WebSeries Canada we strongly believe in our mission to create an equal platform for all filmmakers alike to have their creative voices heard. Since this program is still relatively new, the ways in which it will provide value to our beloved creators will continue to transform. Even we are not certain of the heights to which it may lead us – but we remain committed and excited to find out alongside you all!
Spark Equity Fund perks:
- Provides submission fees (i.e. free of cost to the creator) to those who may require it and identify as a member of an underrepresented community such as the BIPOC community or the LGBTQ+ community.
- Free membership to WebSeries Canada – this includes other exciting perks such as priority access to our events, guaranteed seats to creator-centric workshops and webinars, and more!*
- A free digital ticket to WSC Talks (*additional tickets may be negotiated if more than one producer worked on your submitted series)
- Exclusive access to private events during the 2022 festival
- On stage opportunity to introduce yourself and your work to all attendees of the festival
*Offer applicable to residents of Canada only.
How to apply:
Please provide us with the bio(s) of the series creator(s), any social media links that visually convey additional information about your series, and a link to a screener of your series.
Contact our Director of Equity and Inclusion at firstname.lastname@example.org.